Thursday 12 May 2011

Race Calender 2011


On the turn of the New Year I set out my race calender for 2011. First up was D33 a race in its second year arranged by a good friend George Reid.
The race starts in Duthie Park Aberdeen and heads out the Deeside Way an old railway line to Banchory and back...
Two other runners for my club were making the step up to ultra distance and this race is ideal for them. For me it was the distance as part of my training for the main event this year was the WHW Race again after last years DNF.
Known the course was flat I went eye balls out and turned at 16.5mile in 2hrs40 with Ada and Terry about 15mins in front. As I reach 19miles the wheels came off a bit due to a tight hamstring which was to plague me to the end of the race and put a spanner in the works as far as my time was concerned finishing in 6hrs22..

But on the whole was happy with getting the race under my belt with Highland Fling up next in 6weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment