Saturday 21 January 2012

Milngavie to Balmaha and Back...

Myself and Ada Stewart had a mad moment of thought and decided to run from Milngavie to Balmaha on Friday night and set off about 6.30pm... It was wet windy and real hard work. Ada has not done a lot of night running with a head torch so it was going to be interesting... As Ada has fallen on the WHW Route twice now in daylight and I really feared for her but she went at her own pace... 9 mile into the run I heard a loud bang and turned round to fined Ada in a heap.. She had only gone and fallen over again... but no damage was done... We carried on and soon arrived in Drymen at just over 12 mile... We had been notified that the route from here to Blamaha was blocked with trees so we ran the last 4 miles along the road to Balmaha.... As the Camper van that Susan and Alice were driving down had not arrived we went straight to the pub and waited till they arrived..
I had arranged to have lunch at the Oaktree in Balamha with my wife but at the last minuet she couldnt make it... which left me with the prospect of a return run back to Milngavie which I was not looking forward to as the weather was very very poor, high winds and driving rain... but this time I ran back over Conic Hill and through Garadhban Forest... On the whole I need to be please 38 mile run... 68 mile for the week... so rest week well over due..

No comments:

Post a Comment